Important examinable areas:
– Relevant Cost,
-Value of perfect information
-Mix and yield,
-Planning and operational variances
-ROI and RI
Area A: ABC, throughput accounting, target costing & lifestyle costing.
Area B: Techniques to assist decision making, including linear programming, CVP analysis, relevant costing, pricing & incorporating risk and uncertainty.
Area C: Budgeting systems. Variance analysis, learning curves.
Area D: Performance appraisal – traditional ratio analysis. Non-financial performance measures – balanced scorecard.
– Target costing with learning curve.
– CVP, decision tree.
– Flexible budgets and budget revisions.
– Mix & yield, sales mix and quantity variances.
– Non financial performance or transfer pricing
Financial and non financial performance
Section A: 20 MCQ from entire syllabus
Section B: 5 Questions
- Target Costing with life cycle costing
- Linear Programming
- Planning and Operational Variance
OR Labour Idle Time Variance
- Performance Measurement
- Learning Curves